CARE ASSISTANT - HAYWARDS HEATH
When did someone last say a heartfelt thank you to you, for doing a great job (and really mean it?) For our care workers this is a regular occurrence.
We have two, newly created positions for community care assistants to join our friendly care team in Haywards Heath. You and your colleagues, will be supporting a maximum of 10 customers who all live close to one another in their own homes.
WHAT WE OFFER
Flexible or guaranteed hours:-
· £9.20 ph (plus holiday pay and mileage) Monday to Friday
· £9.45 ph from 7pm-10pm Monday-friday
· £11.00 ph (plus holiday pay and mileage) weekends
· £11.25 ph from 7pm-10pm weekends
· £10.16 ph for long service recognition (plus holiday pay and mileage) Mon-Fri
· £11.16 ph for long service recognition (plus holiday pay and mileage) Weekends
· £16.48 ph Bank Holidays (plus holiday pay and mileage)
· £16.76 ph From 7pm-10pm Bank holidays
· A choice of permanent hour contracts - full time or part time
· Working within a defined area, therefore reducing your travel time
· Full support for additional mileage claims to HMRC for tax relief
· Full training (including the NEW CARE CERTIFICATE)
· PAID HOLIDAY, PAID SUPERVISIONS, PAID MEETINGS, PAID ONGOING TRAINING
· BUPA Health and Wellbeing Cover (optional)
· Pension scheme
· Free uniform
· Opportunities to further your career within our friendly company
· Health and Social Care Diplomas
· DBS payment refunded after 3 months continuous employment
Apply below or for more information about this role click here.
More information about this role below.
We are a friendly and dedicated home care company who have been successfully providing high quality care and support to our customers since 2007. We are proud to announce that over one third of our staff have been working for us for over 8 years. To us, that says something about the way we treat our people.
We train, we look after and we appreciate all of our staff. Our office in Haywards Heath is run and managed by an experienced team, most of whom have been care workers themselves. This means that they understand what care workers need in order to do their job well... and we provide it; good salaries, good support and excellent training and promotion for candidates who want that little bit more.
If you are conscientious, kind, hard-working and approachable - why not give us a call. It could be the call that changes your life for the better.
Supporting a maximum of 10 customers in a defined area with your colleagues.
Our customers are older people. As well as needing general support with their personal care and health, we are equally dedicated to enhancing our customers’ general wellbeing and combatting loneliness. Duties will therefore include taking customers to other customer’s homes in the area; arranging shopping trips; popping in for a chat and a cup of tea; visits to the garden centre and other community activities.
On a day to day basis you will be interacting with customers such as “Daisy” who is an 80-year-old woman who has recently had a stroke. “Daisy” lives in a house with her husband. With the support of people like you, “Daisy” is able to continue to live in her own home with her husband and live an independent life.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You need to be a caring, compassionate person with a great sense of responsibility and a commitment to making a difference to your customer’s lives. In return, we will support you all of the way.
You will need a driving licence and access to a vehicle as whilst our customers live in close proximity to one another, transport is still required. You will also need to complete a security check known as a DBS, as you are working with vulnerable people.
Care experience is not essential but is preferred. If you are the right person for us we will give you comprehensive training both in the classroom and in the field.
WHAT WE REQUIRE FROM YOU
· Have the Right to Work in the UK
· Be passionate about providing high quality care and support to our customers
· Be self-motivated, with good organisational skills
· Be caring & sensitive to the needs of others
· Have the ability to use own initiative
· Be able to communicate effectively
· Promote anti-discriminatory practice and equality for all customers and colleagues
· Be competent to complete any required documentation within the service
· CAR DRIVERS ARE ESSENTIAL
WHO WE ARE
We are registered with the Care Quality Commission to provide care and support to customers living in their own homes. We have a very good report from the CQC.
We have been awarded a contract with West Sussex County Council for which we require Community Care Assistants. We always promote from within whenever possible and offer a career pathway for community carers that wish to make a career in health and social care. Our customers include - older people who need help with personal care; severely disabled people with very complex care needs, live-in-care and respite care. We also offer domestic duties; shopping trips and social occasions.
To apply for this position please contact Tania Carter on 01444 455800 or via email
If you feel that this role is for you and you want to make a real difference to our customer’s wellbeing then contact us now and become part of our incredible team.
Tel: 01444 455800 Mon – Fri 8.30am-5.00pm
More Job Vacancies: